This is not necessarily a Switchvox only issue. This issue actually stems from the fact that pecl now installs pecl_http v2 instead of v1.
Apparently since moving to v2, you need to reference the namespace such as (http\Env, http\Encoding, http\Client, etc)
If you have already installed v2 version of pecl_http, then you need to first uninstall it using:
pecl uninstall pecl_http
To force install pecl_http v1:
pecl install http://pecl.php.net/get/pecl_http-1.7.6.tgz
I tried to import an OVA I download from a project but stumbled upon the issue. Based on the blog here, I was supposed to convert the OVA file to VMX and VMDK file which I upload to a datastore then add as inventory.
C:\Downloads>"c:\Program Files\VMware\VMware OVF Tool\ovftool.exe" -tt=vmx --lax akeneo-pim-v1.4.ova akeneo-pim-v1.4.vmx
Opening OVA source: akeneo-pim-v1.4.ova
Opening VMX target: akeneo-pim-v1.4.vmx
Info: License agreement for the virtual system
License: OSL 3.0
Accept end-user license agreement?
Write 'yes' or 'no' (write 'read' to reread the EULA):
- The specified operating system identifier 'Debian_64' (id: 96) is not support
ed on the selected host. It will be mapped to the following OS identifier: 'Othe
- Line 41: Unsupported hardware family 'virtualbox-2.2'.
- Line 82: OVF hardware element 'ResourceType' with instance ID '5': No support
for the virtual hardware device type '20'.
- Line 99: OVF hardware element 'ResourceType' with instance ID '7': No support
for the virtual hardware device type '35'.
Writing VMX file: akeneo-pim-v1.4.vmx
- No manifest entry found for: 'akeneo-pim-v1.4-disk1.vmdk'.
- No manifest file found.
Posted by Mr. IT Guy | Filed under IT in General
1and1 has been giving users a hard time by removing more and more feature that you can use on .htaccess. I used to use the php_value for auto_prepend_file value but then found out you can use php.ini in the folder.
A few things to note about this:
- php.ini is visible as text file, so you need to create .htaccess to prevent it to be seen by using the files directive like
Deny from all
- I didn’t realize this in the beginning, but php.ini is not recursive
As a solution, I change the php.ini to .user.ini and change the Files directive in .htaccess to reflect the new file instead.
When migrating from other platform, I was used to having public facing aliases that forwards to multiple addresses. For example, email@example.com will be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. The default setting for Google Groups for Business to have this setup is by setting a “Public Group” that allow posts from external email address. This is not the only public facing group that we have, in fact we have about 200 of these. Unfortunately, we also have groups such as firstname.lastname@example.org (that only forward to email@example.com) that’s public facing. The default option for public facing group is to have the post viewable from anyone in the organization. It could be worse if the “App Setting” is also set to public.
My initial expectation is that even if a group can receive emails publicly, it should only limit the viewing of the topics only to the members, but it is not. Even when using firstname.lastname@example.org account, I was able to view posts from email@example.com. In the beginning, Google support told me that it’s the admin’s job to make sure that each created group to be fully setup manually and checked for every permission. That means, when creating a group I have to:
- Create the group
- Set the group as public facing
- Add the users
- Go to the group page
- Access the group advanced permission setting
- Change the “View Post” to “All Members of the Group only”
There’s no way to set this setting as the default, so it has to be done for every single group.
In order to fix my issue, Google support also advised me to manually change the “View Topic” setting through the GUI for each group. That’s over 200 groups and it’s going to be tedious and error prone.
In the end I found a tool that I can use to make list the group, and make the bulk changes. The command prompt tool is called GAM (Google-Apps-Manager) created by Dito. I also have a scripting method to update all groups at once. Read the rest of this entry »