I tried to import an OVA I download from a project but stumbled upon the issue. Based on the blog here, I was supposed to convert the OVA file to VMX and VMDK file which I upload to a datastore then add as inventory.
C:\Downloads>"c:\Program Files\VMware\VMware OVF Tool\ovftool.exe" -tt=vmx --lax akeneo-pim-v1.4.ova akeneo-pim-v1.4.vmx
Opening OVA source: akeneo-pim-v1.4.ova
Opening VMX target: akeneo-pim-v1.4.vmx
Info: License agreement for the virtual system
License: OSL 3.0
Accept end-user license agreement?
Write 'yes' or 'no' (write 'read' to reread the EULA):
- The specified operating system identifier 'Debian_64' (id: 96) is not support
ed on the selected host. It will be mapped to the following OS identifier: 'Othe
- Line 41: Unsupported hardware family 'virtualbox-2.2'.
- Line 82: OVF hardware element 'ResourceType' with instance ID '5': No support
for the virtual hardware device type '20'.
- Line 99: OVF hardware element 'ResourceType' with instance ID '7': No support
for the virtual hardware device type '35'.
Writing VMX file: akeneo-pim-v1.4.vmx
- No manifest entry found for: 'akeneo-pim-v1.4-disk1.vmdk'.
- No manifest file found.